PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
Due to the Coronavirus we have made a number of changes to our policies and the way we consult with patients. Due to the current environment in South Australia we have had to introduce tighter restrictions on face to face consults and we will be screening patients for symptoms thoroughly on arrival to the practice.
If you have any cold or flu symptoms, no matter how minor, you will only be able to book a telehealth consult. If a face to face consult is determined to be necessary, your doctor will organise an appropriate appointment in our isolation room. We continue to offer standard face to face consultations for those who are asymptomatic and fully vaccinated. If you believe your appointment can be dealt with via telephone we ask that you book a telehealth consult instead.
Symptoms of Covid-19
If you are experiencing any of these potentially infective symptoms, no matter how minor, you must have a telehealth consult and organise a Covid test. You can find your nearest Covid testing clinic here.
- fever (temperature of 37.5 degrees or higher)
- chills or sweats
- sore throat
- runny or blocked nose
- shortness of breath
- nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea
- muscle or joint pain
We are aware that some patients experience these symptoms chronically, however we ask that you still book a telehealth consult with your doctor.
Your doctor will phone you at your nominated appointment time or as close to this time as possible. Please be available to take the call and be in a private, quiet area. The call may be from a “NO CALLER ID”.
Eligibility: Medicare will pay a rebate to all patients who have had a face to face consult with a doctor at our practice in the past 12 months. If you have not been seen face to face in the past 12 months Medicare will not provide a rebate for your consult or allow us to bulk bill you. You are still able to have a telehealth consult if you wish to pay privately.
Fees: Telehealth consults are usually privately charged. Your doctor will discuss this with you at the beginning of the consult. Your doctor will either transfer you directly to reception at the end of your consult or our friendly reception team will phone you immediately after the consult to settle your account. We ask that you settle your account on the day.
- Surgical masks are mandatory at all times in the practice for all patients aged over 12 years old
- If you have a mask exemption we ask that you provide proof and wait outside in your car or the hallway until your doctor calls you in for your appointment
- you will be asked to wear a mask while walking through our clinic and in with the doctor – this will only be for short periods of time
Managing Covid at home:
Received a positive Covid result?
- Isolate immediately
- Tell your close contacts and advise them to isolate and get tested immediately
- You should receive an SMS from SA Health with a survey to complete. This will have questions regarding where you’ve been, how you’re feeling and your medical history. If you don’t receive this SMS please call the CDCB on 1300 232 272.
- The Covid19 Response Care Team will assess your risk and organise support if required. If you’re deemed at a higher risk you will receive a home care package. If you need supervised care the response team will notify you and arrange everything for you. Most people are able to isolate and monitor themselves at home. If your symptoms worsen please phone an ambulance on 000 or contact the Covid-19 Response Care Team on 1800 272 872.
- If you have any questions or need to organise extra support please contact the Covid-19 Response Care Team on 1800 272 872. This service is 24 hours.
- Visit here for more information.
Want to read more on Covid-19?
- Covid-19 Vaccines FAQ
- Mental Health Support
- SA Gov Covid Ready Plan
- Positive Covid result? Information here
SA Covid-19 Information Line: 1800 253 787
Covid-19 Response Care Team: 1800 272 827
SA Covid-19 Mental Health Support Line: 1800 632 753
National Covid-19 Information Helpline: 1800 020 080
CDCB (Communicable Disease Branch): 1300 232 272
Updated 2nd March 2022